Network Management

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Tagged vlans not connecting

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Tagged vlans not connecting

Posted Oct 29, 2018 02:47 PM

I have an Aruba Instant AP setup.

I setup three SSIDs, one for each vlan: Internal(vlan 1), DMZ(vlan 3) and Guest(vlan 7).

The aruba is connected to a switch. Connected to a trunk port. It has vlan 3 Untagged and vlans 1 and 7 Tagged.

On the Aruba. I have the DMZ(3) set to the default vlan and it connects to the internet, but the Internal(1) and Guest(7) do not.

I created a DHCP scope for vlan 1 and vlan 7 and they do pull the correct IP addresses.

Are there any settings I'm missing?

• 2.  RE: Tagged vlans not connecting

Posted Oct 31, 2018 02:29 PM

Any port can only be a member of One tagged VLAN. However a port can be a member of multiple untagged VLANs.

• 3.  RE: Tagged vlans not connecting

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 08:26 PM

@Michael Miller wrote:

Any port can only be a member of One tagged VLAN. However a port can be a member of multiple untagged VLANs.

Totally wrong. It's the contrary!

Any port can be an untagged member of one and only one VLAN, however a port can (also) be a tagged member of other multiple VLANs.

• 4.  RE: Tagged vlans not connecting

Posted Nov 01, 2018 11:34 PM
    I stand corrected. My deepest apologies.

Get Outlook for iOS

• 5.  RE: Tagged vlans not connecting

Posted Nov 02, 2018 09:07 AM

That is how I have it set up. Only one Untagged with multiple Tagged on the port the aruba is connected to. Only the Untagged passes traffic successfully.

• 6.  RE: Tagged vlans not connecting

Posted Nov 02, 2018 10:00 AM

mgcook,

Have you seen this thread? It talks about VC assisgned DHCP addressing.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/VLAN-issues-with-VC-assigned-DHCP/td-p/263661