Network Management

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Temporarily pause SNMP polling of device in Airwave

Is there a way to temporarily suspend or pause SNMP polling of a device in Airwave? We sometimes take a device offline for a period of time and, when we do, Airwave continues to send 'down' notifications. Would like to be able to turn off SNMP/ICMP polling temporarily. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: Temporarily pause SNMP polling of device in Airwave

We can not disable snmp polling for specific device, it is global setting. In Groups > Basic > SNMP setting we have polling intervals, disabling polling will affect all devices in that group.

If device is in monitor only mode then you can create new group and move that device and disable polling in basic page.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

We can not disable snmp polling for specific device, it is global setting. In Groups > Basic > SNMP setting we have polling intervals, disabling polling will affect all devices in that group.

If device is in monitor only mode then you can create new group and move that device and disable polling in basic page.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Thanks for the info - not exactly the answer I wanted, but it is what it is!

Maybe I'll put in a feature request.....

Thanks for quick response.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Adding to my below thread

If dont want to move to different new group,we can enable Planned  down time mode or AP Maintenance window from Devices > List , click on pencil icon and chose option from drop down list.

Capture.PNG

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Highlighted

We can make use of the option "Planned Downtime Mode" under the specific device manage page. Hope this helps.

Downtime.png

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: