Trouble Shooting tools
04-18-2018 09:38 AM
My customer in Hotel industy is asking for some features for trouble shooting.
- if guest encounters Wi-Fi disconnection / unstable problem, then he goes to front desk (Concierge or Reception)
- front desk staff can access to dedicate portal to find out which AP(s) his device has connected. What was the signal strength. Where did he get disconnected.
- To identify customer's device. Front desk only need to ask the guest's room number. No need to check his MAC address / device type or etc.
- the device roaming path can be shown on heat map
- this trouble shooting portal is a read-only page
** can this be achieved by AirWave? If not, what solution / product is required?
Re: Trouble Shooting tools
04-24-2018 03:44 PM
Yes, this sounds exactly like the AirWave client debug path. This is with the expectation that the client is willing to provide their MAC address for the read-only user to use for tracking purposes.
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company