Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade Options for Airwave 7.4.8 Virtual Appliance

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Upgrade Options for Airwave 7.4.8 Virtual Appliance

Posted Jul 22, 2013 12:09 PM

Hello,

I need to perform an upgrade to an Airwave virtual appliance version 7.4.8 and need some assistance on how to perform this. I basically need to know which is the newest verion I can upgrade to and if I need to perform any intermediate version upgrades before getting to the newest version. I am not finding any upgrade path info online. 

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Upgrade Options for Airwave 7.4.8 Virtual Appliance

Posted Jul 22, 2013 12:53 PM

Hi Jason,

The latest version of Airwave available is the 7.7.1 version.

I would recommend you to first upgrade to the 7.6.x version and then move to the latest 7.7.1 version.
    Also, the 7.7.1 version needs the Cent OS version 6.2 for it to work. I have attached a document on how to migrate to the 6.2 Cent OS version.

To check Cent OS version:

# crr

If the cent OS is below 6.2, please follow the steps in 6.2 migration document.

If Cent OS version is 6.2, then you can do a upgrade to 7.6.x and then upgrade to the latest 7.7.1 version.

Another important thing to keep in mind is your Hardware. I have also attached the hardware Sizing guide for the 7.7 version. please go through and make sure the server has enough resource to run the latest version.

Also, please take the backup of the server and save it locally before any upgrade. Steps are in the Cent OS migration document.
    Please let me know if you need more clarifications.

Attachment(s)