Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Visual RF - Is there a reason that Visual RF Plan 8.0 RC1 does not allow adding single .dwg file

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Visual RF - Is there a reason that Visual RF Plan 8.0 RC1 does not allow adding single .dwg file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2016 07:29 AM

Just upgraded from an older version of Visual RF planner I have been using since quite a while. It had issues since I could not unlock certain floorplans.  After installing v8, with the new browser based "GUI", I lost a lot of menu items and the import does not allow what was in the +Add floorplan menu earlier. As a result I cannot import floorplans at all (well I did not try the xml version- but I doubt the idea with the upgrade was to make it useless to all but programmers)

• 2.  RE: Visual RF - Is there a reason that Visual RF Plan 8.0 RC1 does not allow adding single .dwg file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2016 12:11 PM

Your question here is a bit different from what you posted internally.

The latest VRF Plan update mirrors the current visuals from the 8.2 AirWave release.

If you drill down to the building level, you have 2 ways to add a floor plan:

1) right click to see 'new floorplan' option

newfloorplan.jpg

2) on the right hand menu go to the edit tab and choose 'new floorplan'.

2016_04_25-493.jpg

• 3.  RE: Visual RF - Is there a reason that Visual RF Plan 8.0 RC1 does not allow adding single .dwg file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2016 01:52 PM
    Thanks,

But the add floorplan option never appears...

Geir

• 4.  RE: Visual RF - Is there a reason that Visual RF Plan 8.0 RC1 does not allow adding single .dwg file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2016 02:22 PM

What browser is your VRF Plan launching in?  If it's Win10 w/ Microsoft Edge browser, we have not seen it work yet.  But it should work with Chrome or Firefox.

• 5.  RE: Visual RF - Is there a reason that Visual RF Plan 8.0 RC1 does not allow adding single .dwg file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2016 02:35 PM
    Firefox - I installed Airwave - that works - but I cannot give that to the partner just like that.

Geir

-----------------------------------------
    Geir Leirvik
    [hpe_pri_grn_pos_rgb]
    Network Technologist
    HPE Aruba
    Norge/ Norway
    Phone: +47 41 72 40 30
    E-mail: gleirvik@hpe.com