Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Visual RF environment setting

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Visual RF environment setting

Posted Aug 15, 2019 10:38 AM

Hi everyone,

At Atmosphere I asked this question of some people but never got a proper response.  If I load a floorplan and take the time to draw all of the inner/outer walls but no cubicles, what should my setting be for the environment?  Should it be set to Open Space, Cubicle, or Office?  These are for typical office layouts with lots of low cubicles and meeting rooms.  Some have commented that it should be set to Open Space if everything is drawn out but others say that it should be some other setting.

Any correct method for presenting the data?  Open space sometimes seems to show way more coverage than I think is realistic.

• 2.  RE: Visual RF environment setting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2019 12:06 PM

Hi,

The choice is based on what you see about your space. I would set to office (my personal opinion). For large floor plans, heatmap coverage difference is minimal to view when selecting open office vs cubicles vs offices. For smaller floor plans, the difference is slightly visible. If you are drawing walls around the perimeter of the actual floor plan, I would suggest to draw a region instead as 'boundary' or 'probability' for client location. Walls (external perimeter or internal spaces) typically may have slight gaps at the joints which may not be noticeable, but will be considerd when heatmaps are drawn. Make sure the wall joints doesnt have any gaps for better heatmpas.

• 3.  RE: Visual RF environment setting

Posted Aug 16, 2019 08:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  So you say that you would use "office" but do you also draw out the walls or do you skip them?

• 4.  RE: Visual RF environment setting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2019 11:48 AM

If the cubicles are not like small rooms, but low and open type, i wouldn't draw walls around the cubicles. I would suggest to draw a region around the perimeter of the floor plan.

• 5.  RE: Visual RF environment setting

Posted Aug 16, 2019 01:23 PM

Yeah that's what I typically do.  Draw the outer wall of the building/office, draw a region within that perimiter, then draw the inside walls for the offices and such.

• 6.  RE: Visual RF environment setting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2019 01:39 PM

If ytou draw a region on the perimeter asd 'boundary' or 'probablity', there is no need for drwaing wall on the perimeter. It doesnt chnage anything to draw though.