Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Visual RF nightly backup failed

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Visual RF nightly backup failed

Posted May 14, 2020 07:35 AM

Received a notification from AMP web UI that the Visual RF nightly backup had failed. Is there any log I can download that would show what caused this?

Also, is it recommended to do a manual backup of Visual RF or is it better to allow it to attempt the nightly backup again and see how it goes?

In checking the System -> Performance section, it doesn't appear that there's any shortage of disk space - plenty of free space on all the drives.

• 2.  RE: Visual RF nightly backup failed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2020 12:32 PM

VisualRF Diagnostics file under System > Status page provides the logs. The specs allocated to VisualRf may be an issue. Also, Nightly backup log provides an error for VisualRF backup failure too. By default VisualRf backup is daily along with Nightly backup. you can up the cores and RAM to VisualRF and check if its get finished in next Nightly maintenance cycle. Better to open TAC case with VisualRF logs and nightly backup log file.

• 3.  RE: Visual RF nightly backup failed

Posted May 14, 2020 12:52 PM

OK, thanks for the input. 

One other thing I'm seeing is that I don't get any display of Visual RF now. It doesn't seem to open at all.

Do you think re-starting AMP services might be a safe thing to try?

• 4.  RE: Visual RF nightly backup failed
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2020 01:00 PM

Just restart VisualRF. From VisualRF > Setup page. Set VisualRF engine to 'No' and in a min set to 'Yes'. VisualRf should show up in 5 mins.

• 5.  RE: Visual RF nightly backup failed

Posted May 14, 2020 01:54 PM

Thanks for the help - that got the Visual RF back for me.

Appreciate it!

• 6.  RE: Visual RF nightly backup failed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2020 01:53 PM

Along with what Gowri suggested you can also clear the visualrf cache from ampcli menu --> Enter commands. Below is the command to clear it.

remove_visualrf_cache

• 7.  RE: Visual RF nightly backup failed

Posted May 14, 2020 01:55 PM

Thanks for the tip!