Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Web Content in AirWave AppRF

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Web Content in AirWave AppRF

Posted May 22, 2017 05:39 PM

Hi guys,

When I check the AppRF page in my AirWave, the Web Content charts don't show enough information, this is the output:

webcontent.PNG

Just High risk and Unknown or Category Unknown and Not Web Traffic. This is a very poor sight of the web traffic. However, the Applications and Destination charts do show correct details as the following:

applications.PNG

Then, what is the problem for Web Content classification? My network is a cluster of Instant APs. Does the Instant APs support Web Content classification? Do I need anything else for this to work?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Web Content in AirWave AppRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 09:35 PM

Is this for a controller or instant?  What version of Aruba OS software and what version of Airwave?

• 3.  RE: Web Content in AirWave AppRF

Posted May 23, 2017 09:09 AM

Hi Colin,

This is for an Instant cluster running InstantOS 6.5.2.0, and AirWave is version 8.2.3.1.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: Web Content in AirWave AppRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2017 09:19 AM

In instant, under System> General, do you have AppRf Visibility set to all?

• 5.  RE: Web Content in AirWave AppRF

Posted May 23, 2017 12:43 PM

Hi Colin,

I have set AppRF Visibility to All, but I see nothing in AirWave now. However, in Instant works.

In AirWave

inairwave.PNG

In Instant

ininstant.PNG

What could be the problem?

Regards,

Julián

• 6.  RE: Web Content in AirWave AppRF

Posted May 23, 2017 01:07 PM

Hi Colin,

Now I can see the traffic in AppRF, the problem was that it takes tons of time to show the data. But the problem persists, the granularity is very poor and now I have the AppRF Visibility set to all in Instant.

inairwave2.PNG

Is this normal behaviour?

The wierd thing is in Instant the granularity of the data is deeper as the screenshot shows in my previous message.

Regards,

Julián

• 7.  RE: Web Content in AirWave AppRF

Posted May 30, 2017 02:18 PM

Hi guys,

Any idea? Do I have to enable any feature on Instant such as DNS or anything else? Or do I need a special license/subscription for this to work properly?

Regards,

Julián

• 8.  RE: Web Content in AirWave AppRF
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 09, 2017 05:48 PM

Hi guys,

If anyone has this problem I found the solution. The problem I had is the IAPs didn't have DNS configuration. According to the Aruba Instant VRD:

• IAP & Web CC lookup
      - AppRF service on IAP uses a third party lookup service.
      - The communication with that service involves DNS resolution to aruba.brightcloud.com and a HTTP lookup for
      content classification.

After configuring the DNS server field under the Access Point General tab, AppRF started to show data related to Web Categories and Web Reputation:

apprf.PNG

Regards,

Julián