Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

airwave 8.2.5 after isntall problem

i0ve installed aitwave 8.2.5 and all ok...i've configured controller and ap but now, when i connect to ssh on on cli with root user i can login but on console i see only this:

welcome to amp installer phase 2 etc....

if i finish this phase airwave reboot but when i connect to cli  with root login i see :

welcome to amp installer phase 2.......

screen on attached

MVP Guru

Re: airwave 8.2.5 after isntall problem

We have blocked root CLI access from 8.2.4 code, default CLI username is ampadmin , are you trying to SSH using root or ampadmin user?

Are you sure their is no ISO DVD file or OVA  image file till mount to your server, try remove if you have!

Default OVA/ISO have vmtools rpm in 8.2.5 version, it will automatically get installed duirng installation & upgrade.

Check the status of vmtool service by running command from option 11 if you are able to access the AMPCLI

$service

check for vmtoolsd: serivce ,

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Aruba Employee

To avoid confusion, Yes, as Pavan mentioned, you cannot login to CLI using root any more, just login as ampadmin creds that it showed at the end of the installation.

The installer screen you are seeing is probably the mounted device.

hope this helps..

--

-If you got what you need with my answer please give kudos and mark it as solution.
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Have you installed with OVA or ISO here? Sometimes this occurs if the home page of user root is set to /root/git/mercury/install/amp-install.

Since the SSH doesnt work we would need to use the live CD option to check on this. You can try out the below steps,

Mount the iso of Airwave and type "linux rescue" when you see the install screen and pass all the initial phase(like selecting language) then choose the option shell.

Type below command to enter "/mnt/sysimage"

#chroot /mnt/sysimage

This occurs if the home page of user root is set to /root/git/mercury/install/amp-install. Please use the below mentioned command to check this:

#head -n 1 /etc/passwd

root:x:0:0:root:/root:/root/git/mercury/install/amp-install

Please use the below mentioned command to switch the home page to /bin/bash

#sed -i "1s/.*/root:x:0:0:root:\/root:\/bin\/bash/" /etc/passwd

Please run the below mentioned command to setup ampadmin credentials(You may exit linux rescue mode and login as root  and execute this command)

#setup_ampcli

You will now be able to login using the new ampadmin credentials

If you need help or clarification for the above steps i would suggest opening a TAC case, so that they can guide you over a call/session.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Occasional Contributor I

i've unmounted iso and cdrom form virtual machine but the result is the same.... i try to login with rescue but when do

head -n 1 /etc/passwd

i receive 

root:x:0:0:root:/root:/root/amp-install

Occasional Contributor I

i try to change the root access to bin bash as said vishnu mannil and now i can log in as root but the command setup_ampcli does not exist.....  now?

Occasional Contributor I

found setup_ampcli under /user/bin/airwave...... and runned it

now i can access as ampadmin 

but is ok that i can see only one menu Airwave Management Platform etc......

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: