Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

airwave Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller supported?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  airwave Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller supported?

Posted May 24, 2017 03:08 AM

Hi,

I 'am trying to install airwave (8.3.1.2) on a new system, but it doesn't seem to recognise my Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller. Can this be true?

At the end of the installation airwave congratulates me with: " AMP is configrured properly" followed by " eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

ipconfig shows me a docker0 interface with a 172.17.x.x ip

can anyone confirm that this nic is not supported. The installation guide refers to the HCL of Red Hat 6.1 but I had problems finding the HCL sinds Red Hat wants me to sign in and get registered.

thanks, for any help

ps any more information about this docker0 interface is also much appriciated, after rebooting my installation, the docker interface is gone, BTW.

• 2.  RE: airwave Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller supported?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2017 05:27 AM

Hi Jeroen,

Check below steps

#ifup eth0

If throws error message

device eth0 not present delaying initialization

then navigate to

# cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory and check whether we have eth0 file or not? If you have try open the file using VI editor

#vi ifconfig_eth0

check whether all the details are correct, HWADDR, IP, Netmask and Gateway

Naivagate to # cd /etc/udev/rules.d/  directory and move the file to /tmp directory and reboot the server.

# mv  70-persistant-net.rules ./tmp

#reboot

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: airwave Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller supported?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2017 05:48 AM

With Airwave 8.2.3 release we have a new feature with respect to the interfaces. Docker0 interface has been introduced and used for the purpose of bridging in virtualization concept. It is mainly used for the Airwave Glass. Could you try following the below KB and try disabling the docker interface?

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-to-disable-Docker0-or-bridge-interface-within-Airwave/ta-p/291692

Also, run the below command from Airwave CLI and check whether ap_facing_amp_interface is mapped to eth0

# dbc "select ap_facing_amp_interface from seas_config;"

• 4.  RE: airwave Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller supported?

Posted Jun 02, 2017 02:58 PM

Pavan,

Your solution fixed my problem!

But can you suppy some back-ground info, why this rule is there in the firstplace? I just wonder and would love to know,

anyhow, thanks again for the help!.

regards, have a nice day!