Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

airwave installation on VMware

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  airwave installation on VMware

Posted Nov 22, 2018 04:56 AM

Hi, 

I am trying to install airwave on my VMware workstation Pro. 

While installing i get the first option to set a date. But after all the other processes and setting a static IP to the airwave, while accessing the airwave with the same static IP address i am unable to access it. I get an insecure message for SSL certificate but when i proceed that option i get connection refused error on the browser. Also, at the same time when checking on VMware i get the very first option again to set the Date and Time. 

• 2.  RE: airwave installation on VMware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2018 05:41 AM

We can not install Airwave on Vmware Workstation, it need dedicated resources with minimum 4 cores, 8GB RAM/DISK spindle speed 15K rpm.

Can install on VMware/Hyper-V/HP&Dell servers.

• 3.  RE: airwave installation on VMware

Posted Nov 22, 2018 06:41 AM
    Hey Pavan, So to confirm, we cannot install airwave on laptop with providing airwave with 8GB RAM as well?

• 4.  RE: airwave installation on VMware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2018 08:07 AM

Yes, Aruba does not support installation on windows machine.

• 5.  RE: airwave installation on VMware

Posted Mar 06, 2019 05:00 PM

@Aditya_pr wrote:

Hi, 

I am trying to install airwave on my VMware workstation Pro. 

While installing i get the first option to set a date. But after all the other processes and setting a static IP to the airwave, while accessing the airwave with the same static IP address i am unable to access it. I get an insecure message for SSL certificate but when i proceed that option i get connection refused error on the browser. Also, at the same time when checking on VMware i get the very first option again to set the Date and Time. 

Hi Aditya_pr,

I have installed AirWave on VM Workstation Pro. I got the same errors like you and when trying to access AirWave via HTTPS, I got an insecure message for SSL certificate, when I proceed that option I got connection refused error on the browser and seemed to be stuck there, but when I wait some minutes I got the AirWave GUI. You have to wait some minutes, it is because while a laptop can provide 8 GB of RAM, it isn't as powerful as a server.

Regards,

Julián