Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

branch offices DHCP Server's intigrations

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  branch offices DHCP Server's intigrations

Posted Jul 22, 2019 12:49 AM

We have Multipal branch offieces,there we have DHCP Serversfor each site & we have centralaised Clearpass server and controllers at our head office. i want to configure 1 ssid for all but end user must be get ip address from local dhcp servers.

• 2.  RE: branch offices DHCP Server's intigrations

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2019 03:47 AM

You can do this very easily by ensuring that the VLAN that the user gets has a local dhcp server which should respond to the DHCP request from the clients.

You can refer to the follwoing link for Aruba instant APs to get you going.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_84_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/wlan-ssid-conf/network-types.htm

• 3.  RE: branch offices DHCP Server's intigrations

Posted Aug 13, 2019 07:05 AM

We have muliple branches. All branch office having local DHCP servers & VLANs. 4 Sites are connected point to point and other sites are connected through IPSec Tunnel. Aruba Clearpass server, Mobility Master, Airwave and Aruba 7210 controllers are at our head office. Employee & Guest SSID created and tested, Its working fine. it means head office employees and guest are getting IP Address From Head Office DHCP.

I have added Access Points of One branch office (which is connected point to point.) to Aruba Controller which is in head office. Access Points are getting IP Address from their local (Branch Office) DHCP Server.

The main concern is end users are able to access SSID's but getting IP Address from Head office’s DHCP Server not from Local DHCP Server. Now we want to utilize all the local dhcp servers to serve IP Address to end users also. please guide me for the same.