Network Management

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

how can i track the application level traffic from specific user.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  how can i track the application level traffic from specific user.

Posted Dec 05, 2019 03:32 PM

Hi All,

i would like to find out the application details from the browser for specific wifi user device, so suggest how to find the details (controller GUI / airwave) ?

Thanks,

Raja

• 2.  RE: how can i track the application level traffic from specific user.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2019 05:37 PM

If your controller OS version is above 6.4.2.x  you can check the same from dashboard APPRF feature. APPRF displays all the traffic catagories and the user(s) traffic catagories. 

null

the web traffic would be normally classified just as 'Web' in the catagory. If you need specific inspection of what the 'web' traffic could be, it is possible in 6.5.x.x versions however you would need a Web Content  classification or Web CC License. Web CC license is a subscription based per AP license, which can classify all these web contents until the subscription time is over (example 5 years of subscription period). This is mandatory if you need to know what is the web content traffic, if not, its just classified as 'Web'. 

• 3.  RE: how can i track the application level traffic from specific user.

Posted Dec 05, 2019 07:06 PM

super Sri, i got the required info.

Thanks for you help.

Thanks,

Raja

• 4.  RE: how can i track the application level traffic from specific user.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 05:05 AM

If you have Airwave server in your network  it will make your work easy instead of searching for specific user on individual controller, we can search  client mac in Airwave and look for Traffic Analysis where you can see all application detials of that specific clinet.

We have Traffice Analysis page under HOME.