Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

log of which user log into the airwave

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  log of which user log into the airwave

Posted Aug 11, 2017 12:54 PM

Is there a way to see a log of this?

i see that on var/log/httpd there are files on access log, but thats just like 4 days 

There isnt any way that have log of that for months or sometihng like that?

or do we need to integrate it with something to hvae that info? for more tan 4 days?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: log of which user log into the airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:27 AM

The access log would be the only source for GUI logins.  You're going to need to rely on offloading backups to another server if you need to dive into more historical login attempts.  Or file a RFE to get a raw log of just login attempts without the trail of which pages are being loaded.

• 3.  RE: log of which user log into the airwave

Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:39 AM
    Hello rob. Another question
    Is there a way to modify the password complecity of admins. And also if there anywhere i can see that in the config of the complexity besides the text that tells you how you need to put the password??we got an auditor asking us that. I dont see thats possible. He is asking if there is an option like windows where you can config password policies... is this possible???

• 4.  RE: log of which user log into the airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:43 AM

There's no current means to select / choose which password policies are enforced.  It's currently global.  The cheat was to generate a password hash with an older version and then copy that password hash in, but it's no longer an option since there's no direct DB access in 8.2.4.

• 5.  RE: log of which user log into the airwave

Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:46 AM
    So is not editable and is there anywhere else ibcan see it? Besides the text that it says where you type the pass on the gui?

• 6.  RE: log of which user log into the airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:56 AM

Not editable.  Just to make sure, we're talking the GUI password right?

GUI password reqs are visible on User Info and also on the AMP Setup -> Users page -> add

"Password:
    Minimum 8 chars with upper, lower, numeric, and non-alphanumeric characters. Spaces are not allowed."

• 7.  RE: log of which user log into the airwave

Posted Aug 17, 2017 12:03 PM
    Yes im talking about that one
    So there is nobwayvto put it a password policy and the only way i can see the password policy it has right now is the text of the password policybyou copy pasted right

• 8.  RE: log of which user log into the airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 12:08 PM

Correct, the password policy is currently global, and it'd be a feature request to have it be changed to a toggle pick list type of thing.