Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

move from Central to Airwave

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  move from Central to Airwave

Posted Apr 04, 2018 04:12 AM

Hi everyone

We are going to move one of our clients from an Aruba Central managed Instant cluster to Airwave. I can't seem to find any information about this topic, but already found out you can't delete a device in Aruba Central.

Does anyone have experiance with this or a link to helpfull documentation?

Kind regards

Wouter

• 2.  RE: move from Central to Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2018 06:05 AM

Hi,

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=28924

above link proivde list of Airwave guides, refer instant deployment guide.

First you need to unmap IAPs from your central account before planning to add and manage devices from Airwave. Please open TAC ticket to remove the devices from central.

• 3.  RE: move from Central to Airwave

Posted Sep 04, 2019 12:44 PM

Hello, 

I am a new startup owner. 

I am still deciding on what management solution to choose : central vs airwave?

I wanted your guidance on:

1. Are airwave license a one time buy or yearly subscription based? Or is the price only for support?

2. If I go for central now and what to move to airwave in the future, can I use my central license on airwave? 

3. What are the steps for migration? Do I need to contact TAC? Will my local purchase order change for my company? Meaning will the SKU/PIDS need to be change?

Best,

Neha

• 4.  RE: move from Central to Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2019 07:14 PM

I would suggest contacting your Local SE who could guide you on the best.