Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

push some Guest accounts on Instant template via AirWave ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  push some Guest accounts on Instant template via AirWave ?

Posted Apr 05, 2013 10:48 AM

Hi everyone!

I am searching how to push guests accounts added in my AirWave Server to my IAPs on my branch offices.

I don't know if it's really possible, if yes I don't know how to do! 

So I have some guest accounts in the AirWave server wich are pushed to the internal server of my controllers but I want to push it to the internal server of my IAPs too, have you got any idea to do it?

Thanks for your helps.

• 2.  RE: push some Guest accounts on Instant template via AirWave ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2013 10:01 AM

Looks like you've been time travelling or I just missed this thread for a whole month.  Let me look into this and I will update when I have more info.

• 3.  RE: push some Guest accounts on Instant template via AirWave ?

Posted May 15, 2013 03:31 PM

I saw this question in another forum and asked the moderator to move it.

I'm curious about the answer too, so I figured we'd get it over to the right guy.

• 4.  RE: push some Guest accounts on Instant template via AirWave ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2013 05:49 PM

UPDATE:

Bottomline: AirWave doesn't handle Guest Provisioning for Instant.

Added Info: Clearpass does have this capability already.  Otherwise it would be a feature request to get this feature built into AirWave.

• 5.  RE: push some Guest accounts on Instant template via AirWave ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2013 06:54 PM

I agree with Rob that ClearPass is the best solution for managing guests across multiple Instant clusters.  

But if you really want to use AirWave push local guest user accounts across those clusters, there is a way to do it.  The workflow would be roughly:

1. On one Virtual Controller, add the guest users.

2. In AirWave, find the group that the VC is in and go to the Templates page.  

3. Fetch a new template from the VC you updated.  Since a VC's internal guest users are in its running config, the users you added in step 1 will be in your template.

4. Assuming your other VCs are in the same AMP Group, put them in Manage mode and have AirWave update their configs.

An important thing to remember here is that when AirWave manages a VC's config it manages the whole thing, so this is only practical if you have a standard config across the VCs.

• 6.  RE: push some Guest accounts on Instant template via AirWave ?

Posted Jun 13, 2013 11:21 AM

Thanks.

I knew that, but AirWave's guests account are added by the receptionists so of course, I can't give them access to the webui of my instant cluster...

I guess the only way to go is to deploy a Clearpass.