Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

radius-server cppm identity aoss-dur not getting password on ztp from airwave

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  radius-server cppm identity aoss-dur not getting password on ztp from airwave

Posted Feb 19, 2020 01:58 AM

Hi.

I'm using Airwave to prepare all my Aruba switches with ZTP, but this line is not getting onto the switch proberly.

radius-server cppm identity ******* key *********

When i see on the switch the the user i created but the password dosn't work, so either the password is not getting to the switch or it is work, when i run the cmd manuel on the switch all works, anyone having the same issues? my user have a - in it and theres no speciel char in the password do i have to use "" on both the user and the password?

thx

Morten

• 2.  RE: radius-server cppm identity aoss-dur not getting password on ztp from airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 04:28 AM

I understand that you are provisioning Switches using ZTP and you have issue with cppm identity line which is not working. Does user/password are in encrypted format in Group>Template, does template is fetched from any working switch?

Best option to prevent syntax issue is try configure setting on any switch and fetch template it will be golden template for other switches which you are trying to provision.

• 3.  RE: radius-server cppm identity aoss-dur not getting password on ztp from airwave

Posted Feb 19, 2020 07:12 AM

Hi Pavan.

iv created the whole template from scratch and the rest works fine, but don't think i can fetch it from a working switch cause when you type in the user and password in cli, then the password is removed from the running config. 

Morten

• 4.  RE: radius-server cppm identity aoss-dur not getting password on ztp from airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 07:47 AM

Does it removed by Airwave or switch ?

Can you provide me the exact command you are trying to execute on switch CLI, are you not able to configure radius-server cppm identity from switch CLI?

Check #show logging  command output on switch to see what exact command does airwave pushed to switch.

• 5.  RE: radius-server cppm identity aoss-dur not getting password on ztp from airwave

Posted Feb 19, 2020 08:01 AM

Hi Pavan.

I'll try to do a new switch with ZTP with the debug command to see what airwave i sending to the switch and then i'll return.

it works when i do the same cmd as i use in the airwave template in the cli, i'll get back when iv tried the debug to see the output.

Morten

• 6.  RE: radius-server cppm identity aoss-dur not getting password on ztp from airwave

Posted Feb 19, 2020 08:33 AM

Hi again.

The cmd didn't work as the airwave is using sftp to push a config file to the switch, so the command didnt say anything.

I'll try to make a new user and a more simple password to see if that helps.