Network Management

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

switch ztp problem in airwave

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  switch ztp problem in airwave

Posted Oct 09, 2020 02:28 AM

hi, we just upgradet our airwave to 8.2.11.2 an now our switch ztp dosen't work, the switch don't get into airwave with the same dhcp option as before 43 and 60, has something change in that? can't seem to find a log or error for it the string we use is ArubaInstantAP and group:folder,ip,key

the switch we are using are 2930f and tried with firmware from 16.7 to 16.10 and it dosen't work, if you guys don't have anything ill contact tac.

#2930F

• 2.  RE: switch ztp problem in airwave

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 09, 2020 03:32 AM

That looks correct, have you run a debug ZTP on the switch yet to confirm if there is any errors recorded?

switch# debug ztp
    switch# debug destination session

• 3.  RE: switch ztp problem in airwave

Posted Oct 16, 2020 05:14 AM

Hi.

It looks like the problem is gone, think it was til airwave server that had problems, the ztp debug didn't say anything.

But i can see that in 16.10.10 there is a password enforcement so ill try to test that out.

• 4.  RE: switch ztp problem in airwave

Posted Dec 04, 2020 12:41 AM

Do the CX switches (8300/6400/6300/etc.) show up in Airwave the same way a 2930 or 3810 does? Or do they look more like HPE Comware switches where information is limited and you don't have the nice GUI with all the switch port info?

www.myfordbenefits.com

I see in the release notes they are supported. But I have also heard that they are only supported in the same way that Comware is.

------------------------------
    Sylvan Gulgowski

• 5.  RE: switch ztp problem in airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2020 10:37 AM
    We have good GUI features available for CX model switches, same like 29xx and 38xx series switches in Airwave.

Pavan Arshewar