Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

triggers in airwave

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  triggers in airwave

Posted Feb 05, 2015 04:59 AM

Hello,

I have two controllers 6000 with M3 and airwave, what type of trigger should I configure in airwave to get informed about problems like fans  or power supply fail?.

Those triggers are fire up based on snmp pooling from airwave to controllers or based on traps received from controllers?.

I ask it because I only have AP up or down traps active on controllers.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: triggers in airwave

Posted Feb 05, 2015 06:42 AM

You can use the following snmp traps :

FAN:

2015-02-05 06_34_00-192.168.1.110_22 - Tera Term VT.png

POWER SUPPLY

2015-02-05 06_34_28-192.168.1.110_22 - Tera Term VT.png

You can enable these by using the following command:
    (MASTER-CONTROLLER) (config) #snmp-server trap enable <trap name>

(MASTER-CONTROLLER) (config) #snmp-server host <airwave server> version 2c <community string> inform udp-port 162
    (MASTER-CONTROLLER) (config) #snmp-server community <community string>

And you can use this guide to help setup the triggers:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/unified-wired-wireless-access/30075/1/AMP%20-%20Triggers.pdf

• 3.  RE: triggers in airwave

Posted Feb 05, 2015 10:26 AM
    Hi,
    The question is if airwave uses traps sent by controllers ( for example to let know if a fan fails) to activates the trigger (so we must enable sending traps in controllers) or airwave polls the controllers to know if fan unit fails then activates the trigger.

Thank you

• 4.  RE: triggers in airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2015 10:30 AM

The question is if airwave uses traps sent by controllers ( for example to let know if a fan fails) to activates the trigger (so we must enable sending traps in controllers)
    Yes

• 5.  RE: triggers in airwave

Posted Feb 05, 2015 10:38 AM
    Do you know if all triggers from airwave are based on traps received or airwave polls in some case controllers to activates some type of trigger?

Thank you

• 6.  RE: triggers in airwave

Posted Feb 05, 2015 10:55 AM

Not all triggers are based on traps , some are based on polls and some are based on what's available on the trap list from the controller perspective.

For the up and down APs , you could use this instead of the snmp pools :

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-get-a-single-SNMP-trap-per-AP-up-down-instead-of/ta-p/177180

• 7.  RE: triggers in airwave

Posted Feb 05, 2015 11:37 AM

OK,

I would really appreciate if anyone can tell me what triggers are based on traps received and what others based on polls, in order to know what traps should I enable on controllers.

Thank you

• 8.  RE: triggers in airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2015 01:12 PM

There's a very good guide that's attached to every AirWave installation

Check out the "Aruba and AirWave Best Practices Guide"

It's located under Home -> Documentation

There's an appendix that helps differentiate what can be gotten via polls vs traps

The end of Appendix A in particular has a list of traps that AirWave utilizes

Link to most current on support site.

Beyond that, any trap can be tracked using the System -> Triggers -> Device Event or Device IDS Event triggers.

2015_02_05-163.jpg

• 9.  RE: triggers in airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2018 06:49 AM