Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

Posted Aug 11, 2017 08:50 AM
      |   view attached

am i doing somthing daft? since the CLI has been removed a simple proccess now makes my life difficult. bring back CLI ...

anyway I used Bitvise to upload 8.2.4.1 firmware and i can see it uploaded without issue. when i press menu option 7 (upgrade) i press option 1 (update airwave) I am then asked for AMP version. I type 8.2.4.1 (assume it should then look for the local tar.gz file like it used to do)

i then press enter and it kicks me back to the menu. pic attached

ps this is a Dell airwave

• 2.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 08:53 AM

Hi ,

I dont see any screen shot attached, have you copied upgrade package to /root directory and tried running upgrade?

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

Posted Aug 11, 2017 09:16 AM

ScreenHunter_284 Aug. 10 09.06.jpg

I suspect the file is in the wrong location but not being a linux / scp user I assumed the upload option  was locked to a particular location(uploads to where the nightly backups go)

for scp would the command be  user@sourcip:filename.tar.gz /root

(not a linux guru)

• 4.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 09:21 AM

Hi,

use below syntax

user@sourcip: /root/filename.tar.gz

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

Posted Aug 11, 2017 09:47 AM

wondering if its a windows issue

I am trying to pull the tar file from my remote windows pc (running bitvise) from the airwave console

scp your_username@remotehost.edu:foobar.txt    <uploads file but wrong location

scp your_username@remotehost.edu:foobar.txt /root  <child exited error 1 (access denied / direcory not found?)

• 6.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

Posted Dec 07, 2017 08:25 AM

Hey,

Have you found a solution?

I'm also wondering how to upgrade offline via de amp cli.

I have a windows server machine where the upgrade package is located.

But I find the documentation lacking in explaining how to get the package to Airwave now.

Is the folder still the same? so if I put the package in /root will the upgrade work?

• 7.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2017 09:24 AM

Hi ,

please find below article which proivde steps to transfer file from windows

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-to-upload-a-file-on-Airwave-8-2-4-from-Windows-machine/ta-p/303145

Regards,

Pavan

• 8.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

Posted Dec 11, 2017 10:21 AM

I used bitvise as advised in the document but when the file is uploaded it goes into the nightly backup folder (cant change directory) so when you try to do an upgrade it doesnt do anything (suspect its not looking in the correct folder)

• 9.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 06:28 PM

The file should be uploading into /var/ampcli/user directory which is the directory the ampadmin can view.

• 10.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 12:46 AM

Copy file to /root directory and check the status.

Regards,

Pavan

• 11.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

Posted Dec 14, 2017 08:04 PM

Hi, Could you please tell me how did you download Airwave? 
    Aruba support team itself needs some support and training. They are clueless and have no idea about Aruba software.

@funscott wrote:

am i doing somthing daft? since the CLI has been removed a simple proccess now makes my life difficult. bring back CLI ...

anyway I used Bitvise to upload 8.2.4.1 firmware and i can see it uploaded without issue. when i press menu option 7 (upgrade) i press option 1 (update airwave) I am then asked for AMP version. I type 8.2.4.1 (assume it should then look for the local tar.gz file like it used to do)

i then press enter and it kicks me back to the menu. pic attached

ps this is a Dell airwave

• 12.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2017 09:28 AM

Dell AirWave requires a patch.  The upgrade script is looking for the wrong file (it was fixed in 8.2.5).  PM me your contact info and I'll get one of my colleagues to get in contact w/ you.

• 13.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

Posted Jan 12, 2018 08:00 AM

Hi

Will does script problem affect the Alcatel version of AirWave as well?

I'm running an Alcatel OV3600 AirManager on 8.2.4, and trying to upgrade to 8.2.4.1 or 8.2.5, but the exact same problem occur.

I have transferred the file using bitvise and i can see the files on the server, but the installation will not start

Roar Fossen

• 14.  RE: upgrade from airwave 8.2.4 t 8.2.4.1

Posted Jan 12, 2018 08:32 AM

You need to contact your supplier and get aruba support to get a session setup, as it’s a bug and needs root access (which you don’t have with 8.2.4) to move the file to the correct location before the upgrade can be run. after you are upgraded to a later version you cna then do following upgrades on your own.