Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

ztp with Airwave inconsistent

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ztp with Airwave inconsistent

Posted Oct 17, 2018 01:16 PM

We are in the process of rolling out 100+ HPE 2930F switches. They are all racked and I would love to be able to use ztp to get them configured. The problem is, ztp seems to be inconsistent. I've added the amp-server stanza in dhcp and I can see it come across when I turn on debugging at the switch console. However, even though it says that it registered with Airwave, I don't ever see it appear immediately and sometimes it never shows up at all. Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: ztp with Airwave inconsistent

Posted Oct 17, 2018 04:09 PM

Hello, we are just getting started with this. I have been working with it in the lab. I am by no means an expert, but one thing I was missing was the primary vlan command. Without that it will never actually register with Airwave.

• 3.  RE: ztp with Airwave inconsistent

Posted Oct 17, 2018 04:45 PM

I don't think that is my issue as I've had it work from time to time and never used that command.

• 4.  RE: ztp with Airwave inconsistent

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2018 07:40 AM

ZTP Process

1.The switch boots up with the factory default configuration
    2. The switch sends out a DHCP discovery from the primary VLAN interface.
    Switch would expect a DHCP option 60 with value “ArubaInstantAP” along with DHCP option 43 to parse Airwave details
    3. After the Airwave details are verified and configured, the switch initiates the HTTPS connection to the Airwave server.
    4. After a successful registration, Airwave can monitor, configure, and troubleshoot the switches.
    5. If the DHCP options are not configured for Airwave, the switch is left in its default state for manual configuration.

It should be noted that if the ZTP device is the first discovered device in the newly created group and folder. Then it will show under the new devices list which we need to move into the desired group/folder
    From the second ZTP device onwards for the same group and folder as the first device, it will automatically move into the corresponding group and folder.