Aruba Networks Presales Engineer for Major Accounts-Northern California
02-01-2018 08:48 AM
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Major Accounts Systems Engineer (SE) to join our team.
The SE primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. As a Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer, the SE will be responsible for managing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. With a proven track record of successful sales support activity, the Systems Engineer will present and articulate the capabilities and values of an Aruba Solution versus that of our competitors. The preferred candidate will have career level experience with networking infrastructure technologies in all arenas.
The SE will work with Aruba’s Major Account Managers to qualify opportunities and convert leads into successful engagements. The Systems Engineer must combine excellent sales support, and consultative skills with an expert understanding of advanced and emerging technologies with an emphasis on campus and distributed branch networks. The Systems Engineer will consult with their assigned Major Account Manager to provide a comprehensive pitch to prospective clients.
This Systems Engineer will proactively support an opportunity pipeline and drive through the sales process to closure. This career level position requires the ability to lead in a team environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for both clients and prospects. Incumbents must know how to gather the client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Solution selling is a must, and incumbents need to understand the various ways a solution may be delivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best for a given client. By combining technical expertise with business acumen this role provides vital, detailed information about how Aruba’s solutions deliver business value to our clients.
- Manage account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
- Provide the optimum combination of hardware, software, and services to meet complex customer needs.
- Play a role in the development of the bid, proposal, and presentation of the solution to the prospect.
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product/technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
- Perform a career level of technical presentations for customers, partners, and potential prospects.
- Manage vendor partners to help drive business and deliver demand generation events.
- Drive account relationships over time to continue to deliver advice to the customer and identify additional opportunities; maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecasts against regional goals.
- Possess career competitive knowledge including solution, technology, and product offerings.
- Provide consultative support to key internal/external stakeholders in assigned territory.
- Use in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs.
- May prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
- May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions.
- May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
- Minimum of 5 (5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of infrastructure engineering and some experience with successful pre-sales support is preferred.
- Career level oral & written communication, organizational, presentation, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to design and manage solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ability to interface with senior levels of internal / external organizations is required.
- Ability to mentor more junior Systems Engineers in the assigned territory is required.
If you have an interest, you can go to our careers website at https://careers.arubanetworks.com or you can forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information.