Hiring: Sr. Network Engineer with Sr. Aruba Wireless Competency - Silver Spring, MD
10-16-2019 01:33 PM
The NERDS Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Aruba Wireless Network Engineer to become an integral part of our team. We are looking to hire for this position as soon as possible.
Position Description: The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of large data communications or telecommunications networks. This individual is also responsible for the design and implementation of LANs/WANs using hub switching and router technology. In addition, the Network Engineer is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Planning and monitoring the installation of communications circuits
- Managing and monitoring local area networks and associated equipment (e.g., bridges, routers, modem pools, and gateways)
- Conducting short and long-term plans to meet communications requirements
- Performing hardware/software analyses to provide comparative data of performance characteristics and suitability within the existing systems environment
- Preparing tradeoff studies and evaluations for vendor equipment
- Generating network monitoring/performance report, for LAN/WAN utilization studies
- Recommending network design changes/enhancements for improved system availability and performance
Education: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline. If applicable, the candidate must be certified as network engineer for the specific network operating system. The certification criteria are determined by the network operating system vendor.
General Experience: The proposed candidate must have at least nine (9) years of experience in a computer-related field.
Specialized Experience: The proposed candidate must have at least seven (7) years of progressive experience in planning, designing, implementation, and analyzing data or telecommunications networks. This individual must have experience with network analysis/management tools and techniques and be familiar with Personal Computers (PCs) in a client/server environment. This individual must also be familiar with IT technology and long distance and local carrier management.
Practical / Senior-level Cisco network engineer with senior Aruba wireless engineering comptency
- Senior level Cisco networking; routing and switching; implementation and troubleshooting; design expertise
- Operations and Maintenance; service requests / change requests; ticketing system
- Incident Management
- Possess a thorough understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs, cloud networking and mobile networking
- Travel – state-wide network to support / anticipate driving throughout the state to support the customer
- ** Aruba Wireless **
- Actively develop mobility solutions
- Ability to design / implement / troubleshoot Aruba policy via ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM)
- Ability to troubleshoot user and computer-based certificate authentication
- Ability to design Aruba traffic flow
- Play an active role in building test beds, conducting verification, and validation testing
- Remain committed to expanding customer HPE-Aruba technical expertise through attendance of coaching sessions, design reviews, and workshops
- Design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks such as IP network security, certification, authentication, enterprise IP networking, IP network management, remote access, and network access controls
- Provide customer technical support through assessment, management, and offering resolutions
- Regularly be on-site at customer premises
- Handle multi-variable environments and any potential issues or difficulties
- Identify potential opportunities for additional HPE-Aruba business
CERTIFICATIONS: The candidate must possess an ACTIVE certification as a Cisco CCNA.
An Aruba Wireless Certification such as an ACMA or ACMP or higher would be a definite plus.
Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional (ACCP)
This certification proves that the candidate can design and integrate networks that use ClearPass products. It validates the individual ability to install ClearPass for policy and guest management, posture, profiling, onboarding.
Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
The certification provides validation to the candidates Mobile First Network solutions knowledge. It focuses on the design, implementation, and managing of modern networks.
This individual must have paid experience and be able to demonstrate strong competency at the design, architecture and engineering level with Aruba Wireless Network technologies.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only resumes will be accepted.