OSI Technology hiring Senior Wireless Data Engineer in NJ
05-16-2019 07:18 AM
SENIOR WIRELESS DATA ENGINEER
Are you a smart propeller head who loves wireless networking, has a thirst for deepening your Wi-Fi mojo and expanding your breadth of knowledge? Enjoy being part of a team all looking to solve business problems by deploying the best technology possible? We are looking for someone like you.
ABOUT US: OSI Technology has been providing enterprise-class technology solutions to both public and private sector Customers for over 36 years. We’re a leader in IT infrastructure solutions, wired and wireless networking, network design, enterprise level VoIP deployments and wired/wireless network security.
Wireless Partners include: Aruba and Ruckus with a little Cisco and Fortinet mixed in. On the data side we are primarily an hpe and Extreme (Avaya too) with a little Cisco as well. Voice deployments find us with a long heritage in Avaya (also Nortel) and Mitel (including Shoretel) should you want to learn more about that discipline.
ABOUT OUR WIRELESS ENGINEERING POSITION: You will dive into current wireless technologies with breadth of both wired and wireless solutions along with some security. You’ll work with internal teams to develop bill of materials and scope projects and you’ll work with clients to design and deliver exceptionally engineered solutions. Opportunities to speak/present and attend professional and industry events are also available if you’re interested. You should have excellent analytic skills, pay close attention to detail and be an effective communicator. Ultimately you should develop relationships, build trust internally and externally and thrive with a “continuous learner” mentality. You’ll be the “go-to” technical resource internally and externally as a data engineer and be looked to as a problem solver.
RELATED CERTIFICATIONS: Candidates with one or more of the following certifications are encouraged to apply. Aruba ACMP or ACMA, Aruba ClearPass ACCA or ACCP.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Pre-and post-sales support for networking products and services to Customers primarily in the NYC Metro area (mostly New Jersey)
- On-site and remote services for Customers
- Designing and deploying enterprise wireless solutions primarily which are 50+ APs
- Participation in internal projects, testing and verification and research in the lab
- Documentation of services and processes, including creation of BOMs and SOWs
- Attending training and certification courses for continuing education
- Attending conferences and events to engage with Customer
Much of an OSI Engineer’s time is spent interfacing with customers and partners, collaborating with other engineers and designing and implementing various technologies. The successful candidate will be a Wireless and Data Network Engineer (strong focus on wireless), with opportunities for additional training.
- Wireless networking background
- Basic understanding of switching/routing to support wireless designs at layers 2 and 3
- Advanced understanding of Wireless 802.11 technologies and protocols
- Experience with conducting and reporting on wireless RF predictive and live site surveys
- Experience troubleshooting wireless over-the-air and over-the-wire
- Configuration experience with Aruba Networks or similar solutions
- Experience with RF planner Ekahau
- Experience with tools such as Aruba AirWave and/or Aruba ClearPass are highly desired
This is all while being a Good Team Player, having a good work ethic and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. We work regular business hours with occasional after-hours or weekend work. Daily, you could be working out of our offices in Warren Township, New Jersey from 8:30 – 5:00. Flexible on this and can mix with some remote.
FULL TIME EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years practical Layer 2 and 3 internetworking experience
- Minimum of 3 years of practical hands on experience and expertise in WLAN and 802.11 technologies
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks; which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access
- Network access controls, and IP network management
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking and cloud networking
- COMPENSATION: Salary based on experience, plus benefits and the possibility of substantial bonus opportunities. Corporate wide benefits above and beyond that are 401k, vacation, PTO, holidays, health insurance, dental, vision and Aflac options
CALL or email firstname.lastname@example.org 732.356.0200 ext. 1111 or cell 732.735.7105