Occasional Contributor I

Remote AP requires Auth

I'm setting up a RAP5WN for the first time.
I'm on OS 5.0.2.0.
On the provisioning screen I'm getting the R flag for the RAP.
What does "Remote AP requires Auth" mean.
I couldn't find anything in the knowledge base.
Aruba Employee

Re: Remote AP requires Auth

Mike - The "R" flag means Remote-AP (RAP). The "R-" flag means RAP requires Auth. Do you have a "-" beside the flag?
Occasional Contributor II

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread but I have setup the RAP with the wizard and get now the "R-". How do I get it authenticated in this case?
I'm using version 6.1.1.0.
Thanks,
Stefan
Guru Elite

In the AP-Group that your RAP is in, make sure there is no AP Authorization profile. If there is one, make sure it says N/A, instead.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Employee

I've also seen this when your controller doesn't have enough licenses to accommodate the RAP. This could be either PEFNG or AP licenses.
Guru Elite

If it was unlicensed, it would have and IL flag next to it, in addition.:

Flags: U = Unprovisioned; N = Duplicate name; G = No such group; L = Unlicensed
I = Inactive; H = Using 802.11n license; D = Dirty or no config
X = Maintenance Mode; P = PPPoE AP; B = Built-in AP
R = Remote AP; R- = Remote AP requires Auth; C = Cellular RAP; c = CERT-based RAP; 2=Using IKE version 2
M = Mesh node; Y = Mesh Recovery

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Employee

I just saw it yesterday, Colin. I ran out of PEFNG licenses and the only status of the RAP was R-c. Nothing about being unlicensed. Perhaps you'll see "L" if you are out of AP licenses, but it does not apply for PEFNG, at least not in 5.0.3.0.
Guru Elite

If you do not see an I and L, you should open a case, so they can file a bug. I and L will only show up on the show ap database screen. Again, not saying what you did see, but rather what you should be seeing.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor II

It looks like the problem was connected to the "AP Authorization profile". Changed it to "n/a" and now it seems to work.

Thank you both for your help!
Guru Elite

Glad that it worked. I was just repeating the suggestion in post #2 http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showpost.php?p=13976&postcount=2

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: