Security, WIDS/WIPS and Aruba ECS

Enforcing DHCP Questions

How does that checkbox function?

Does it use the DHCP helpers listed on the IP page, or some other method?

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer or Aruba Networks

Guru Elite

Re: Enforcing DHCP Questions

The controller has a built in firewall that already knows about what client is getting an ip address from what DHCP server: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2373

This checkbox ensures that all clients that attach have a matching DHCP conversation.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Regular Contributor I

Colin, do you know which version Enforce DHCP was first introduced? We're running 5.0.3.1 and it's not available.

Thanks, Mike
Guru Elite

6.x and above.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

It seems that it doesn't work when using IP Helpers:

"DHCP assigned IP address 10.30.10.50, from DHCP server 0.0.0.0"
Guru Elite

What version of ArubaOS is this? Is the helper address on the controller's interface or the router? Do you have enforce DHCP on?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: