Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

6.6.9 > 6.7 Question

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  6.6.9 > 6.7 Question

Posted Apr 08, 2019 11:29 AM

As it is end of support for 6.6.x

I have 6.6.9 cluster on windows hyper-v servers.  I installed publisher/subscriber on 1TB virtual disks as the instructions indicate.  I believe it was partitioned into two 500GB partitions when installed?

Will 6.7 install onto the inactive 500GB partition and leave the 6.6.9 on the other 500 GB partition in case of a need for rollback?

That is the bit that I am unclear on.  The upgrade requirements seem to indicate a 1TB disk, so hoping that the disks I have are ready to go.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: 6.6.9 > 6.7 Question
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 04:38 AM

The requirements state the total size of the data disk (that you need to add in addition to the smaller boot disk) and indeed contains two partitions. Looks like you are ready to go.

During the upgrade, the data will be migrated/copied to the other partition, which indeed allows a rollback to the release that was running when you did the major upgrade.

• 3.  RE: 6.6.9 > 6.7 Question

Posted Apr 09, 2019 04:58 AM

Thanks I am checking everything is in place before we start!

Two other points of interest with hyper V installations I have seen:

Deleting legacy nics and reinstalling non legacy ones (hoping not to do this as I did it on the current install already due to IP loss on reboot)

Not using the cluster upgrade tool but running upgrade on publisher first and then subscriber.