Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

802.11r fast reconnect usage

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  802.11r fast reconnect usage

Posted Feb 18, 2014 05:15 PM

Does anyone have any XP on 802.11r?   Roughly 50% of our users are Ipad/Iphone devices that should support Fast Reconnect,  in testing I was able to reduce greatly the number of auths required while moving around a building, however in actual deployment there appeared to be a lot of problems with clients no longer being able to auth at all when 802.11r was advertised.  Does anyone have any experience with implementation ?

• 2.  RE: 802.11r fast reconnect usage

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2014 05:21 PM

Fast Reconnect is a different feature from 802.11r. It is part of the PEAP framework.

On top of OS level support, the NIC and driver need to support 802.11r. Are all of your Windows XP machines using the same wireless NIC and driver version?

• 3.  RE: 802.11r fast reconnect usage

Posted Feb 18, 2014 05:24 PM

my mistake, I meant to say fast roaming, true very different things.  I am looking for something like OKC but that works on iOS devices.  The machines are not centrally managed so there is no control over drivers

• 4.  RE: 802.11r fast reconnect usage

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2014 05:26 PM

It will definitely be awesome to hear from someone who has this in production. There are so many inconsistencies with older devices and operating systems.