Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

802.1x Authentication with NPS problem

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  802.1x Authentication with NPS problem

Posted Jan 22, 2015 03:54 PM

We will be using 802.1x authenticaitonon Aruba controller with 802.1 and authentication server being Radius NPS. We have already implemented NPS authentication on the wired LAN with slightly different rules. 

I have managed to get user machines to authenticate, however the problem I had is that user attributes like user role, vlan etc. are derived from the NPS policies and implemented for each user individually after user authenticates. I end up in a mess and we can not make any changes on the NPS policy as it is already in use in the wired LAN. 

I am struggling ot set up the Aruba controller to ignore all NPS atributes and only use it  to authenticate/reject users.

Can you pleae help? 

• 2.  RE: 802.1x Authentication with NPS problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2015 04:00 PM

You can duplicate the policies in NPS (connection request policy, etc) and then restrict the new one to service-type Wireless and your controller's NAS-IP. Then you can make changes to the ruleset that won't affect wired. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: 802.1x Authentication with NPS problem

Posted Jan 23, 2015 04:10 AM

Tim, thank you for your response. Is there an option just to get accept/reject from the NPS and ignore all other policies, which I will configure locally on the controller?

It is different team dealing with the NPS and is a bit harder to get things done.

• 4.  RE: 802.1x Authentication with NPS problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2015 07:49 AM
    Allow access and deny access shop's send the accept/reject response. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 5.  RE: 802.1x Authentication with NPS problem

Posted Jan 28, 2015 06:42 AM
    Than you for yor response. I still can not make to work, so I will raise a case with Aruba support.