Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

A user is not able to authenticate using 802.1x

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  A user is not able to authenticate using 802.1x

Posted Sep 09, 2019 10:37 AM

I have a user who is not able to authenticate using 802.1x on ClearPass. He is able to logon to his computer and email using the same Activate Directory account but is not able to authenticate using ClearPass. He has tried on multiple devices and he still cannot authenticate. As far as I can see he is the only who has complained so out of a thousand users. Please see logs, I have removed some sensitive information from them.  

Attachment(s)

txt
    Dashboard_Details.txt   2 KB 1 version
    zip
    DashboardDetails.zip   10 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: A user is not able to authenticate using 802.1x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2019 10:43 AM

He is being denied by Policy which means the conditions defined under Enforcement Policy for him to get a role is not getting fulfilled. 

Check Access Tracker and compare why isn't he hitting any of your policies and being sent a [Deny Access Profile] else contact TAC for quicker resolution.

• 3.  RE: A user is not able to authenticate using 802.1x

Posted Sep 09, 2019 10:50 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I have already checked  Access Tracker and he shouldn't be denied according to the logic. He's account is in good standing, part of the OU that is been queried, and he inputting the right credentials in order to login.  

• 4.  RE: A user is not able to authenticate using 802.1x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2019 11:34 AM

Credentials is not an issue as far as I see here.

If a simple/default allow access profile allows him then you can validate the same. You can create a service on top of your existing one for that user only to play with it. If required, use TAC

• 5.  RE: A user is not able to authenticate using 802.1x

Posted Sep 09, 2019 11:37 AM

Screnshots of your role mapping/enforcement would be helpful.

But he's getting the roles [Other], [User Authenticated]

Based on what I see in your enforcement policy, that doesn't match any rule you have, so he'll get the default rule (Deny Access)

So you need to look in your input tab, at your authorization tab, see which OU clearpass sees, and make sure that is included in your role mapping

• 6.  RE: A user is not able to authenticate using 802.1x
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 13, 2019 11:38 AM

The user is now able to logon without changing anything on his part.