Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  AD SAM error

Posted Jun 04, 2014 05:38 AM

I am getting authentication failures between clearpass and AD, the access tracker alert is showing - "No trusted SAM account". I dont have access to the customers domain controller to investigate so I just wanted to know if this is a Clearpass or an AD issue.

• 2.  RE: AD SAM error

Posted Jun 04, 2014 06:23 AM

I have tried leaving the domain, however this has resulted in a "failed to leave the domain" error.

• 3.  RE: AD SAM error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2014 06:46 AM

You should have an option to leave the domain without a username and password.  Either way, you will need the customer to use an account that has rights to add the server back to the domain to get it working.

• 4.  RE: AD SAM error

Posted Jun 04, 2014 07:57 AM
    Hi Matt. What version of CPPM are you running? We've definitely got this working fine with 6.2.0. I suspect your CPPM appliance hasn't been joined to the domain, your credentials aren't valid, or the user account you've been given doesn't have sufficient rights?

• 5.  RE: AD SAM error
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 04, 2014 08:10 AM

Just got customer confirmation that the ClearPasses account had been deleted from AD. Thanks for the suggestions though.