Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

AP FQLN : Set or Delete or Exclude?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  AP FQLN : Set or Delete or Exclude?

Posted Apr 07, 2017 04:28 PM

I must admit I never ran across a FQLN, having only started with Aruba about 4 years ago.   I'm now working with AirPlay and under Shared Locations: the FQLNs are included in the popup list and most are wrong and they make the list much longer than it already is.

So, how were these FQLNs created in the first place?  Can I edit them somehow to correct them?  Finally, is there a way I can exclude them from the Shared Locations: popup list when adding/sharing AirGroup Devices?

• 2.  RE: AP FQLN : Set or Delete or Exclude?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2017 05:20 PM

FQLN is set as part of provisioning an AP on the controller. It's a fairly old costruct and isn't really used anymore. I haven't see it show in in ClearPass before. Can you provide a screenshot?

• 3.  RE: AP FQLN : Set or Delete or Exclude?

Posted Apr 09, 2017 09:27 AM
      |   view attached

When registering Devices in Clearpass Guest, and sharing locations under AirGroup.

• 4.  RE: AP FQLN : Set or Delete or Exclude?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2017 01:11 PM

Before ArubaOS 6.3, we could configure APs on a map built into the controller at the ap.floor.building.campus level, based on where they were on a map on the controller.  Any devices that still have an fqln were provisioned before ArubaOS 6.3, before the rf plan on the controller was removed.  Those devices still retain their fqln for backwards compatibility, and airgroup still allows for that legacy construct to be used to provision devices.  Since you cannot provision devices with an FQLN since ArubaOS 6.3, it is best to ignore them.  You can see what older devices still have an fqln by typing "show ap database long" on the commandline of your master controller.

Please see the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Configuring-AP-FQLN-in-Aruba-OS-6-3-for-defining-Airgroup-Shared/ta-p/186792 for more details....

• 5.  RE: AP FQLN : Set or Delete or Exclude?

Posted Apr 10, 2017 06:49 AM

Is there a way to have the airgroup_shared_location  Field in CP Guest ignore them also?  About 2000 of our 3000 APs still have the FQLN, almost doubling the number of items to list.  It takes a significant amount of time for the list to be built and displayed to the User.