Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

Posted Jan 30, 2012 08:21 PM

Hi,

We are trying to get rid of VMPS on our wired network and replace it with dot1x.  I was looking for a guide on how to get Aruba APs to authenticate to a Cisco doiing dot1x.  We only have 2950s so Mac Authentication Bypass is not supported.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Les

• 2.  RE: APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2012 08:35 PM

What AOS are you running? You can go here and pick up a user guide based on the AOS you are running.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=218

• 3.  RE: APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2012 09:23 PM

@Les wrote:

Hi,

We are trying to get rid of VMPS on our wired network and replace it with dot1x.  I was looking for a guide on how to get Aruba APs to authenticate to a Cisco doiing dot1x.  We only have 2950s so Mac Authentication Bypass is not supported.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Les

Les,

You are in the right place at the right time.  Native wired 802.1x support for Aruba APs will be here sooner than you think.  Watch this space....

• 4.  RE: APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

Posted Jan 31, 2012 02:44 PM

Thanks for the responses.  I have check the User Guide for ArubaOS 5.0 and didn't find anything related to switch port access.

What version of ArubaOS will have Native AP 802.1x?

• 5.  RE: APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2012 04:22 PM

Version 6.1.3.0.  Coming out in the next day or so.

• 6.  RE: APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2012 08:49 PM
    Update: it is on the website now...