Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

About WEBAUTH Service and OnGuard Agent

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  About WEBAUTH Service and OnGuard Agent

Posted Jul 19, 2017 04:02 PM

Hi experts,

Some days ago I was testing the OnGuard Application of ClearPass. I configured a WebAuth service to check the health of Windows computers when connected to corporate network 1. I installed the OnGuard Persistent Agent manually on the computer via http://<clearpass-ip>/agent/installer/windows/ClearPassOnGuardInstall.exe.

The Health Check worked properly. But now when I turn on the Windows computer I get a WEBAUTH service rejected in ClearPass, though the computer is connected to corporate network 2 (although there is still IP connectivity between ClearPass and the computer):

webauth1.PNG

webauth2.PNG

When connected to corporate network 1 the service works as expected:

webauth3.PNG

I don't want to use the OnGuard feature anymore, how can I get rid of the WEBAUTH service rejected? Is the only way removing the OnGuard Agent off the computer?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: About WEBAUTH Service and OnGuard Agent

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2017 04:03 PM

Yes, you would need to remove OnGuard from the client.

• 3.  RE: About WEBAUTH Service and OnGuard Agent

Posted Jul 19, 2017 04:14 PM

Hi Tim,

Just for curiosity, a couple of questions about this:

1. Then, what if I want to use the Health Check for computers only when connecting to corporate network 1? When some of then connect to corporate network 2 I will get the rejections on ClearPass.

2. How does the OnGuard Agent on the computer know the ClearPass IP address where to send the health check status?

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: About WEBAUTH Service and OnGuard Agent
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2017 04:22 PM

Block TCP 6658 on network number 2 so it can't communicate with ClearPass.

The IP/FQDN of ClearPass is part of the OnGuard installer.

• 5.  RE: About WEBAUTH Service and OnGuard Agent

Posted Jul 19, 2017 04:24 PM

OK, thanks a lot!

Regards,

Julián