Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

AirGroup Overlay and ClearPass Users not able to see AppleTV s

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirGroup Overlay and ClearPass Users not able to see AppleTV s

Posted May 01, 2013 02:40 PM

I'm trying to set up ClearPass to manage AirGroup in an Overlay Controller deployment model and am having some trouble getting all of the components stitched together.
    The Controller that manages the APs and users is running AOS 6.1.3.2
    The Overlay Controller is running AOS 6.1.3.4-Airgroup
    ClearPass is version 6.0.2.4

I first configured the overlay controller and created firewall rules on the LMS to forward the Bonjour traffic to the Overlay and everything worked perfectly.
    Next step - configure ClearPass to manage an AppleTV and who has access to it.

When I add the AppleTV in The Device list on ClearPass Guest, I am able to access it until I enter a user in the "Shared with" field. As soon as I do this I am no longer able to access the AppleTV from my IOS Device. It does not even show up in the list of available devices. If I leave the "Shared With" field empty, I am able to access the Apple TV so I have obviously missed something that is required to make ClearPass Guest be aware of the users in the "Shared With" field but I don't know what it is.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers.

• 2.  RE: AirGroup Overlay and ClearPass Users not able to see AppleTV s

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2013 11:11 PM

I personally haven’t deployed in an overlay model, but there were some airgroup enhancements in the 6.1.3.6-AirGroup release. I am currently running the 6.1.3.6-AirGroup release with 6.0.1+6.0.2+6.1and I haven’t had in issues since then. 

• 3.  RE: AirGroup Overlay and ClearPass Users not able to see AppleTV s

Posted Jun 18, 2013 04:30 AM

Hi,  i am looking at deploying this soltuion into a customers but have not played around with the solution yet.  Did you ever get a reply or a fix to this issue?  I wonder is it to do with the overlay controller solution not being able to get location information or user role details?

we are also thinking as an interim soltuion putting in some APs with Apple TV on a wired-auth/untrusted port and doing location based VLAN for the specific areas i.e. dropping the Airplay clients into the same VLAN to support the functionality but of course that is not as elegant as AirGroups with CPPM.

Many thnaks

Graham

• 4.  RE: AirGroup Overlay and ClearPass Users not able to see AppleTV s

Posted Jun 18, 2013 07:51 AM

Hi graham_dayer

No solution yet but TAC is working on the issue for me.

If and when they provide a solution, I will post it here.

• 5.  RE: AirGroup Overlay and ClearPass Users not able to see AppleTV s

Posted Jun 18, 2013 08:03 AM

Ok, many thanks.

kr

-Graham

• 6.  RE: AirGroup Overlay and ClearPass Users not able to see AppleTV s

Posted Jun 18, 2013 09:04 AM

Hi, AOS 6.3 just hit the support site as Early Deployment.  Probably a little to early but it has the integrated AOS features including AirGroup :-)

Kr

-Graham