Security

Highlighted
Contributor II

Airgroup basic question

Hi,

I have a basic question regarding Airgroup service in Aruba instant. Its said in documentation that " Ensure cross-VLAN visibility and availability" but I have a question about that.

If I have VLAN 10 for customers, and VLAN 11 for just one chromecast, I can understand visibility but not availability part of Airgroup.

For example. VLAN 10 IP range 192.168.10.0/24, and VLAN 11 IP range 192.168.11.0/24. Chromecast have IP address 192.168.11.20 and user device have IP address 192.168.10.50. User device thanks to Airgroup discover a Chromecast with IP address 192.168.11.20 and tries to send content. For that traffic from user to Chromecast to happen do I have to declare firewall rules in user WLAN like allow all traffic to IP 192.168.11.20? Do I need routing between those two vlans?

Thank you in advanced.

Guru Elite

Re: Airgroup basic cuestion

You still need to permit the traffic and allow routing.  Typically DLNA (what a client would use to discover a Chromecast) only allows discovery in the same subnet.  Airgroup proxies the DLNA respons from the Chromecast to the client, but you still need to allow routing and permit traffic between the devices.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: