Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Airplay mirroring

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Airplay mirroring

Posted Apr 29, 2014 06:18 PM

Hope folks can stand yet another Apple tv question. We just had our first Aruba controller installed (7210 running 6.3.1.5) and I've been able to get only iOS devices to mirror to an Apple-tv. I can't get macbooks or PC's running Airparrot to mirror properly. The macbooks/PC's see the Apple tv but can never connect. 

In order to get mirroring to work on the iOS devices I enabled 'allowall' from the airgroup services. Without 'allowall' only certain iOS apps could connect via airplay.

Any thoughts / directions on where to steer a newbie would be appreciated.

kj 

• 2.  RE: Airplay mirroring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 07:15 PM

• 3.  RE: Airplay mirroring

Posted May 01, 2014 04:38 PM

I can't get to that URL -- it's asking for Aruba Partner credentials.

kj

• 4.  RE: Airplay mirroring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2014 06:50 PM

KJ,

You should type "show airgroup servers" on the commandline and see what services your devices are advertising.

You also should type "show airgroup users" to see if your airparrot devices are advertising what services they desire.

What version of ArubaOS is this?

• 5.  RE: Airplay mirroring

Posted May 12, 2014 03:51 PM

KJ,

Did you ever get AirParrot to work? I'm seeing the same problem in that I can see the appletv but connot connect to it. Can connect fine from an iPhone / iPad though.

• 6.  RE: Airplay mirroring

Posted Jan 10, 2018 07:51 AM
      |   view attached

Super late reply, but I thought I'd share what I did to get this working for a customer today. I created a new Session ACL for the Staff users group, and combined that with AirGroup and Airplay. Once the user can see the device, the following ports are required to be opened (per the document I got from AirParrot) - this is for AirParrot v2