Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwatch Context server login error

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwatch Context server login error

Posted Jul 30, 2015 08:30 PM

Can anyone explain to me how to improve the login status between ClearPass and Airwatch.

Clearpass are servers (4 25K) , Airwatch is a VM, All are internal to the network-- no proxy between servers.

We use airwatch to authenticate users with non-windows devices to the AD environment.

• 2.  RE: Airwatch Context server login error

Posted Jul 31, 2015 04:55 AM

Do you have a HTTP proxy configured on the Clearpass appliances for Internet access?

If so, then the check to the Airwatch server is being sent to the proxy. If you are running version 6.5.2 there is now an option to bypass the proxy in the Airwatch context server set-up. If you are running a version below 6.5.2 this option is not present and you can get this error.

• 3.  RE: Airwatch Context server login error

Posted Jul 31, 2015 07:44 AM
    My clearpass and airwatch are both internal to my network, there is no proxy between them, just cabling. My ClearPass is at 6.4.7.

But are you saying that I need to go to 6.5.2 on clearpass?

• 4.  RE: Airwatch Context server login error

Posted Jul 31, 2015 09:11 AM

It is not whether there is a proxy between them, is the Clearpass configured for a proxy to access the Internet?

• 5.  RE: Airwatch Context server login error

Posted Aug 21, 2018 07:28 AM
      |   view attached

i have been having similar issues. so we noticed that we were getting errors in event viewer. we have Airwatch as an MDM mobile deployment which is in a SaaS enviroment. getting the following error attached. 

clearpass Policy manager is on 6.6.5.93247 

• 6.  RE: Airwatch Context server login error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2018 06:45 AM

Error:401 means authentication/authorization failure. Ensure the credentials are correct between ClearPass and Airwatch.

You may also try increasing the account privilege/role to "System Administrator" in Airwatch and test, if the credentials are good.

• 7.  RE: Airwatch Context server login error
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2018 02:26 PM

Yeah is the first thing we tried to make sure the account had the right access but still we get this erros here and there....

• 8.  RE: Airwatch Context server login error

Posted Aug 21, 2018 02:58 PM

I guet this every so often in one of my Airwatch servers (currently have 2 airwatch and 1 Jamf)

Issue/error goes away by re-typing the "api" password into your Airwatch box. For now that is the only way i resolve this problem.

Thanks,

AP