Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Allow CaptivePortalLogin to access photos, media and files on your device

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Allow CaptivePortalLogin to access photos, media and files on your device

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:27 AM
      |   view attached

Experience with Android devices is small as we standarize on Apple devices for corporate use.

We have a captive portal setup for students (open) that simply does mac caching after they authenticate via LDAP. This was done a long time ago in a galaxy far far away in order to avoid guest licenses.

Anyway, we've gotten a couple of reports of a message poping up on user's devices (looks like newer Samsung) that once they connect to the network and the authentication screen pops up, they get a message.

I seriously doubt this is coming from CPPM but can't seem to find any references out there other than it's more than likely the "wifi router" asking for these permissions.

Anyone else familiar with this? I select deny, and can't reproduce the problem again, nor can't find a setting that has this option.

• 2.  RE: Allow CaptivePortalLogin to access photos, media and files on your device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:29 AM
    It's to allow for download of a configuration package. It should only pop up
    the first time.

• 3.  RE: Allow CaptivePortalLogin to access photos, media and files on your device

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:33 AM

Ok.  Glad someone has an idea. We're not pushing anything to it. Anything I can do from our end to prevent this popup, or it's simply something the user would have to accept or deny?

Like I said, I can't find where the setting is stored so I can default it. 

TIA.

• 4.  RE: Allow CaptivePortalLogin to access photos, media and files on your device
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:46 AM
    It's like any other app on Android. Requesting permissions is normally a
    good thing. In this case, it's just an unfortunate side effect of privacy
    options.

I don't think there is anything you can do.