Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Allow VPN access through and One Click to Accept Acceptable Usage on Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Allow VPN access through and One Click to Accept Acceptable Usage on Captive Portal

Posted Jun 25, 2013 03:00 PM

I have 2 questions about Captive Portal:

1) I have seen it before either in the discussion or Knowledge base on using only an Accept button when connecting to Captive Portal.

2) Currently, we only allow HTTP or HTTPS traffice on the Guest network. I was asked to allow VPN access.

If someone could point where I can fine it, I would be grateful. Thanks ahead of time.

• 2.  RE: Allow VPN access through and One Click to Accept Acceptable Usage on Captive Portal

Posted Jun 25, 2013 03:10 PM

VPN access is pretty easy, you just need to modify the user role to allow the ports through. This should be added to the authenticated role. 

As for one click, the way I handled this in the past was to build a button that simply submitted a user name and password that was pre-populated in the form. You obviously get a ton of guests with the same user name, but it worked fine to allow people to just go through the portal without credentials. I'll see if I have an example around somewhere, but I effectively just downloaded the HTML from the portal and filled in the values for the form, then uploaded it again to the controller. 

-awl

• 3.  RE: Allow VPN access through and One Click to Accept Acceptable Usage on Captive Portal
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 03:14 PM

I found an older example, no idea if this was final but it looks like the one we were using:

<div id="disclaimer" style="" align="center">
    		<form action="/auth/index.html/u" id="guestform" method="post" >
    			<div id="emailbox">
    				<input id="email" name="email" type="hidden" size="25" class="text" accesskey="e" value="someuser" />
    			</div>
    			<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="authenticate" />
    			<input type="submit" name="Login" value="I Accept - Log In" class="button&#8221; ">
    		</form>
       </div>

• 4.  RE: Allow VPN access through and One Click to Accept Acceptable Usage on Captive Portal

Posted Jun 25, 2013 03:26 PM

Thanks, it looks like what I needed for the Accept button.