Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Allow guests to reauth with same email after session ends

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Allow guests to reauth with same email after session ends

Posted Oct 15, 2018 11:53 AM

Hi,

We are a univeristy that has several different types of users. With our guest network we are serving special case devices for students, a seperate contractor login and our standard guests. We would like our guest network to be simple as we frequently have large grouos and older guests who are not tech savvy, but we want it annoying enough our student population does not use it.

What we would like to do is have guest logon by just entering a Name, email and accepting term. Then we would like to require them to reauth if their sessions ends. Then if the user needs to get back on they can reregister with the same email address.

I have been able to create a Web auth portal that gets the user authenticated and connected, it successfully disconnects the user after the session ends. I am getting stuck on allowing the guest to reuse the same email address. I get "This username is already in use". Any ideas on how I can do this?

• 2.  RE: Allow guests to reauth with same email after session ends
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2018 02:30 PM

Please check the thread here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/Clearpass-Guest-Self-Registration-question/td-p/52058

You might have the auto_update_account attribute set to zero in the form.

• 3.  RE: Allow guests to reauth with same email after session ends

Posted Oct 15, 2018 03:08 PM

You were absolutely right. Appreciate the assistance.