Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Allow sponsors to select guest account duration in Amigopod 3.7

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Allow sponsors to select guest account duration in Amigopod 3.7

Posted May 14, 2012 09:58 PM

Hi all,

Has anybody ever setup a sponsor approval page such that when a sponsor responds to an email link from Amigopod requesting approval, you are able to select the guest account duration from dropdown box or pick list prior to approval?

I have had this request from a client and want to know if this is possible?

Thanks

scott

• 2.  RE: Allow sponsors to select guest account duration in Amigopod 3.7

Posted May 14, 2012 10:40 PM

Scott,

I don't believe the sponsor approval page is customizable in the current release and only support the Confirm or Reject options. That being said it is an interesting use case for the sponsor approval workflow.

Cam.

• 3.  RE: Allow sponsors to select guest account duration in Amigopod 3.7

Posted May 15, 2012 04:51 AM

Cam,

doesn't the existing workflow allow the sponsor to set the role of the guest user? I'm thinking its possible to set a Radius attribute to define the default expiration for that role. You could in effect then create roles Guest-8h, Guest-24h etc.

• 4.  RE: Allow sponsors to select guest account duration in Amigopod 3.7

Posted May 16, 2012 09:07 PM

thanks for the feedback guys

i'd be interested to know of the role selection suggested is possible.

• 5.  RE: Allow sponsors to select guest account duration in Amigopod 3.7

Posted May 16, 2012 09:20 PM
    The sponsor can absolutely select the role when creating an account manually logging into the Amigopod with an operator account.

I think in Scott's case he is trying to get the same role selection but through the guest driven self registration workflow where an email sponsor approval request is sent.

In this case the sponsor is displayed with a single page approval portal where the request can be confirmed or rejected.

I am not aware of a way to customize this page to include role selection.

Cam

• 6.  RE: Allow sponsors to select guest account duration in Amigopod 3.7

Posted May 16, 2012 09:22 PM

Hi Cam,

You guessed it right!

Thanks for clearing this up.

Scott

• 7.  RE: Allow sponsors to select guest account duration in Amigopod 3.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2012 11:05 AM

3.9 contains a new option in the Role Override field in the sponsorship confirmation section for (Prompt).  The roles will then be visible on the confirmation screen.  If you only want a subset of the roles, make sure the operator profile is setup appropriately. 

There is no way at this time to extend expiration.

If you have up to date support, just email support@arubanetworks.com to request 3.9.