Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

Posted Nov 21, 2013 09:14 AM

we have a customer having following installation of AMG-HW-100, AMG-LIC-1000, AMG-ADVERT-500 and support for AMG-LIC-1000 (1 YEAR),support AMG-HW-100 (1 YEAR) , support for AMG-ADVERT-500 (1 YEAR). Support is alredy expired and customer would like to go for an upgrade to clearpass.

Does the current hardware support this ? what is the requirements for upgrade and what is to be proposed to customer.

• 2.  RE: Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

Posted Nov 21, 2013 09:33 AM

I would check with your local Aruba team, but a couple of comments:

- The fact that support is expired may be an issue with regards to migrating their licensing. 

- Advertising services are not available in the current release of ClearPass, so if the customer is using it, you may want to wait for an upcoming release.  Advertising services have been returned to ClearPass.

- Whether the HW can support it, we can't tell fro what you've supplied.  If it is one of the newer Dell appliances, it should.....but I woudl recommend you contact Aruba support with the serial number so that they can confirm.

• 3.  RE: Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

Posted Jun 02, 2014 10:01 PM

Hi all,

How can we retrieve the serial number from Amigopod (s/w and h/w)?

As below:

1. The serial number of the device (Admin -> System Info -> Serial Number): ______________
    2. The subscription ID (Admin -> Plugin Manager -> Manage Subscriptions): ______________

• 4.  RE: Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

MVP
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:06 PM

Your customer will need a valid support contract to 'upgrade' to clearpass. No way around that. So start with getting that resolved.

Since you have a hardware appliance I believe the procedure is to contact support and work with them.

Here's some info I received which I'm hoping isn't 'secret'.

*ClearPass Policy Manager runs the same HW platform as Amigopod. Customers with an AMG-HW-2500/BASE will be migrated to the CP-HW-25k and customers with an AMG-HW-100/R will be migrated to the CP-HW-5k appliance. VIrtual appliances will be migrated to the corresponding CP-VA-XXX appliances using the same formula as for Hardware. Any of the app software licenses will be transferred over to the ClearPass Policy Manager (5:1 ratio) to enable all existing Guest/BYOD functionality on top of the Policy Manager capabilities.

• CPPM Guest licenses will be migrated at 5x the number of AMG licenses but never over the maximum number their appliance can support. For example if a customer has an AMG-HW-100 + 1000 extra guest licenses, they would migrate to a CP-HW-5K + 5k Guest licenses, the maximum their appliance can support. Customers with multiple appliances can apply the total Guest licenses across a cluster.
    • Customers can choose to not migrate to the full 5x number of Guest licenses to minimize support costs in subsequent support renewal
    • Existing AMG Onboard licenses will migrate on a 1 to 1 basis to CPPM Onboard licenses.
    • Customers will be able to leverage the Policy Managers support for active clustering to help with scalability and redundancy across data centers.
    • Customers will get additional features built in such as built-in profiling, multi-layer authorization, advanced reporting, support for TACACS+ and SQL authentication, and troubleshooting.
    • Customers will optionally be able to run the ClearPass OnGuard health assessment, AirGroup registration, etc. 

@clembo wrote:

- Advertising services are not available in the current release of ClearPass, so if the customer is using it, you may want to wait for an upcoming release.

Actually... advertising is back in. Check /guest » Configuration » Advertising (or the very first plugin in the plugin manager)

Free of license cost too I believe.

• 5.  RE: Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 10:57 PM

-----Again Please contact your local sales team-----

Not all appliaces can be upgraded so you will need to work with your team to see if your appliance qualifies. 

• 6.  RE: Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

Posted Jun 29, 2014 09:23 PM
    Hi,
    We need to upgrade amg hw to clearpass,
    Is there any special tool to do it??
    How can I begin with this upgrading?
    Thank you

• 7.  RE: Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2014 09:24 PM
    please open a TAC case

• 8.  RE: Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...

Posted Jun 29, 2014 09:55 PM
    Is there a link to open a tac with aruba engineer?

• 9.  RE: Amigopod to Clearpass Upgrade...