Security

Highlighted
New Contributor

Android Onboarding with QuickConnect

Hello All,

We have an open network where users initially connect to onboard their devices.

I have allowed access to the below URLs so users can download the quickconnect APP for the playstore, the issue is some users can and some can't.

*.ggpht.com

*.play.googleapis.com

*.gvt1.com

www.googleapis.com

android.clients.google.com

play.google.com

Another problem is when allowing these URLs, users can access youtube through the APP !!!

is there anyway to resolve this issue ?

also if there is a way to upload the APK on clearpass and change the download URL in the onboard page to go to clearpass instead of the google play

Thanks

Accepted Solutions

Re: Android Onboarding with QuickConnect

Be sure you're using the most up to date list.

https://github.com/aruba/clearpass-cloud-service-whitelists/blob/master/onboard/onboard_android.md

Due to the way Google has implemented their CDNs, some Google sites will be accessible.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Be sure you're using the most up to date list.

https://github.com/aruba/clearpass-cloud-service-whitelists/blob/master/onboard/onboard_android.md

Due to the way Google has implemented their CDNs, some Google sites will be accessible.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the reply.

I will try and test it out and let you know, but is there a way to block youtube as well ?

and do you recommend uploading the APK to clearpass and customizing the page to download locally from clearpass (lot of work and no documentation) ?

Highlighted

No you can't.

Uploading the APK is not recommended as users have to bypass security restrictions on their device. Please do not do this.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Ok sounds good, will not think about the APK thing.

I know not aruba issue, google way but youtube access before authenticating is really disappointing.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: