Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Any issues with android 4.4.4 on open networks?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Any issues with android 4.4.4 on open networks?

Posted Aug 27, 2014 11:15 PM

Apologies for the lack of detail here: android phone, connects to wifi, passed captive portal, and now Mac authenticating via Mac caching. Suddenly stops working, apparently. Error message on browser on phone is DNS probe no response'. OK bearing in mind it is in the failed stat at present. 

Firstly the device associates OK

Secondly the device gets a dhcp address OK

Thirdly I see DNS traffic passing from and to the device in the datapath session table

Fourthly when associated with our £30 netgear it works fine ( note no drops on the session table above)

So signal is OK, it can exchange IP and I have 630 other devices working ok. Nothing funky installed on the device and its not rooted  

Anyone have this? This is really bugging me. 

• 2.  RE: Any issues with android 4.4.4 on open networks?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2014 08:36 AM

Have you enabled user debugs on the MAC address?  

logging level debugging user-debug <mac>

Then issue a show log all | include <mac>

• 3.  RE: Any issues with android 4.4.4 on open networks?

Posted Aug 28, 2014 09:27 AM

sure, all looks fine, auth ok, role assignment ok, vlan assignment ok - dont forget I get a full state table I see packets from and to the device also

user came up to my desk this morning any way - he says it does not work at home 'any more' and he is returning it to get a replacement.

perhaps he brought in a faulty phone with a view to 'get his local IT to fix it' , not sure but there you go :) !