Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Anyconnect VPN NPS Clearpass Setup Question

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Anyconnect VPN NPS Clearpass Setup Question

Posted Sep 16, 2020 06:30 PM

We are wanting to use MFA with our Cisco VPN solution.  We already have MFA working with our 365 solution, but want to leverage this for our VPN as well. 

Right now I have a working VPN authentication to Clearpass and have a separate service created that I will be testing with.  I have a fresh NPS server setup and the ASA I am testing with is sending requests to the NPS server.  

The issue I am having now is am I using the right order for authentication for this setup?

ASA (VPN) --> MS NPS --> Clearpass ---> AD

Or Should I be doing this?

ASA (VPN)--> Clearpass ---> MS NPS --- AD

The first one seems like the correct way, but what I see now is the VPN login hits the NPS but never forwards the request to Clearpass.  I am trying to get this working before I do the Azure Connect to NPS for the secondary Auth.  I know I need to configure the NPS a bit more, but want to make sure I have the logical flow correct before digging too deep. 

Any help with the path question will help me greatly.  Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: Anyconnect VPN NPS Clearpass Setup Question
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2020 07:34 PM
    You will need to use the second option with the Azure NPS connect , ClearPass will need to proxy all the request to NPS

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: Anyconnect VPN NPS Clearpass Setup Question

Posted Sep 16, 2020 08:40 PM

Thank you. That answers my question exactly

• 4.  RE: Anyconnect VPN NPS Clearpass Setup Question

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 17, 2020 09:46 AM

Integrate your ASA directly with Azure AD and use Conditional Access to enforce policy. There is no need to go through CPPM.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/cisco-anyconnect