Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple TV configuration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Apple TV configuration

Posted Jan 24, 2013 05:06 PM

I have two sites that are using Aplle TV's but are on Meru equiipment which I didn't setup.

How do you configure Aruba Controller / SSID settings to have an Apple TV connect to the wireless?

thx

• 2.  RE: Apple TV configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2013 05:16 PM

Well, you need to know the encryption type and of course the preshared key that was used.  Then you can use the WLAN/LAN Wizard to create the same wireless network as the Meru.

• 3.  RE: Apple TV configuration

Posted Feb 22, 2013 03:59 PM

The Meru AP Apple TV configuration is "Bridged" and WPA2-psk (I did not set it up) I tried configuring the Aruba the same way,, no luck. If I put the Aruba Apple SSID into Tunnel mode.. I can connect to the Apple SSID and can connect the Apple TV to the SSID but no connection between the iPad and Apple TV....

Any ideas??

thx,

• 4.  RE: Apple TV configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2013 04:01 PM

is the apple and ipad on the same layer2 network?

• 5.  RE: Apple TV configuration

Posted Feb 22, 2013 04:54 PM

yep

although I did connect the iPad to a different  vlan but that made no difference

• 6.  RE: Apple TV configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2013 05:00 PM

Are you dropping broadcasts (broadcast-filter-all) on any of your Virtual APs?