Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple iPhones

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Apple iPhones

Posted May 20, 2019 10:05 AM

I've tried searching for the problem we have but can only find issues from years ago. My apologies if this thread has been started elsewhere.

We're running a remote site with 90 AP-205 into a 7205 (6.5.1.4) and we're getting almost constant complaints from Apple iPhone users.

Users log onto the SSID as expected and 90% of users go straight through to the captive portal page except for Apple iPhone users. Their Wi-Fi access connects/disconnects and so on even displaying 2 idential SSID's as well sometimes.  A temporary workaround seems to be to reset/restrart the phone. This is obviously not a longterm solution.

The main compaint is that if they use another network they connect as normal.

The customer is using their own devices so I can't be certain what iOS the phones are running. I've read elswhere that there may be an issue with iPhones on iOS 12.

Has anyone else seen this problem and is there a permanent solution please?

Many thanks.

John.

• 2.  RE: Apple iPhones

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 20, 2019 10:20 AM

Is the Captive Portal using HTTPS/the default cert which ships with ArubaOS? Each iteration of iOS has supported/unsupported CA's which I've seen cause different behaviours (depending on the iOS version) with a Captive Portal. For example some won't trust the certificate full stop and won't display the Captive Portal, some won't display the Captive Portal Assistant so you have to open a browser which then gives a certificate warning. Others just work fine without issues. All depends on the iOS version and the Certificate in use.