Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Apply multiple patches to minimize reboots

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Apply multiple patches to minimize reboots

Posted May 05, 2014 12:38 PM

I have multiple patches that need to be installed on ClearPass appliances. Can I combine the installation of the following patches to minimize outages, or are some of these prerequisites for other patches? They are currently at 6.3.0.60730 (base with point patch applied).

6.3.0 Vulnerability issues (Feb 2014)

6.3.1 monthly patch

6.3.1 OpenSSL patch

If these should be installed one at a time with reboots in between, when installing these in a cluster, is it recommended to fully patch the Publisher with all patches before updating Subscribers? Or, should each patch be installed on the Publisher, and then Subscribers, before moving on to the next one?

• 2.  RE: Apply multiple patches to minimize reboots

Posted Mar 04, 2015 04:20 PM

Did you hear anything about this? I am curious about the update procedure too.

• 3.  RE: Apply multiple patches to minimize reboots

Posted Mar 04, 2015 04:24 PM

I did not. We've been playing it safe and applying each patch separately, to minimize chances of the cluster getting out of sync. 

• 4.  RE: Apply multiple patches to minimize reboots

Posted Mar 04, 2015 04:54 PM

so lets take a use-case and your on 6.3.2 and then we issue a patch for a SSL vulnerability, let call it 'danny-sql-something'....... and then before you install this patch we release 6.3.3..... we will include the 'danny' patch in 6.3.3.

Does that help you out?

• 5.  RE: Apply multiple patches to minimize reboots

Posted Mar 05, 2015 10:36 AM

I thought the question was more of this:

I have two patches: Cummulative Update 6 and Vulnerability update for CVE-2014-7169. Both require reboots. Can I apply both patches, then reboot once. Or should I apply each patch and reboot inbetween?