Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central : Custom splash page

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central : Custom splash page

Posted Sep 10, 2017 07:48 AM

Hello,

My customer is considering a combination of IAP + Central. They would like to configure a splash page on central and customer would have to input below information:

1. name
    2. email
    3. phone number

Once entered , internet access should be provided. Is this possible with Central?

Also , can the input information above be captured and made available in a report afterwards?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central : Custom splash page

Posted Feb 08, 2018 09:34 PM

Hi David,

We have options undr cloud guest to use ussername/pwd or phone based verification.

http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.3.9/documentation/online_help/content/applications/guest%20access/splash_configuration.htm?Highlight=cloud%20guest

Please check the above link to check if this helps.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central : Custom splash page

Posted May 30, 2018 11:41 AM

Hello,

I have the same problem.

My customer want a personalizied Splash page.

They want to input:

1. name
    2. email

On this website "http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.3.9/documentation/online_help/content/applications/guest%20access/splash_configuration.htm?Highlight=cloud%20guest" I see only the settings, but I can`t modify the site of registration. I can only write into the fields label names.

Is it possibile to modify this site or insert Required fields in the Registration site?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central : Custom splash page

Posted Jan 03, 2019 08:40 PM

I think, Aruba Central its a "straitjacket". we can change colours and text, but hide fields o put new.... its impossible.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central : Custom splash page

Posted Feb 04, 2019 08:38 AM

Aruba Central does not support custom fields for harvesting data.  Specifically things like voluntary email opt-ins, age verification, captcha, et al.  We've requested enhancements to Cloud Guest numerous times and have been told it's in development, but that was 2 years ago.

I'd recommend you speak to your account team and log a request for enhancement to cloud guest.  This is what my company has done as well.  However, as of yet, we see no additional enhancement being done to Cloud Guest in any fashion, even after repeated requests.  The most I was able to push for implementation on is basic in-line HTML so that we could use a hyperlink, or bold certain text.

Cloud Guest is lagging miles behind competitors, hopefully they do something about it soon.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central : Custom splash page

Posted May 16, 2019 05:18 AM

Hello,

Some news about this capability ?
    We want "capture" an email adress before to allow the connection to the guest-wifi.

Thank for your help

fa

• 7.  RE: Aruba Central : Custom splash page

Posted Jul 29, 2019 06:19 AM

Hello Team,

I have same requirment facing issue, any development on aruba central to resolve this?

@kbarrett wrote:

Aruba Central does not support custom fields for harvesting data.  Specifically things like voluntary email opt-ins, age verification, captcha, et al.  We've requested enhancements to Cloud Guest numerous times and have been told it's in development, but that was 2 years ago.

I'd recommend you speak to your account team and log a request for enhancement to cloud guest.  This is what my company has done as well.  However, as of yet, we see no additional enhancement being done to Cloud Guest in any fashion, even after repeated requests.  The most I was able to push for implementation on is basic in-line HTML so that we could use a hyperlink, or bold certain text.

Cloud Guest is lagging miles behind competitors, hopefully they do something about it soon.